June 8, 2018 at 1:34 am #393
This thread is for feedback of a non-problem nature. Questions, suggestions, commentary, implementation ideas…you get the picture.
June 8, 2018 at 1:37 am #394
The “Quest Maps” page has an item called Locked by Previous, which I’m curious about. It doesn’t have a help text nor pop-up, yet. I’d assume it means that this map is inaccessible until you’ve completed the parent map, or something like that, but it’s not very clear, to me, what it does.
June 8, 2018 at 1:44 am #395
I created two maps, one a parent and one a child; I marked the child “Locked by Previous.” Then I went to create a quest and tried to assign it to the first map. It’s not able to be assigned to top-level maps (neither Map-1 nor my new Feedback top-level parent map).
Other than labeling clear hierarchies, I’m not clear what the top-level map is then for, based on this. Same thing happens on the other two selectors (menu and widget) – unable to assign to top-level items in those hierarchies, too.
June 8, 2018 at 1:58 am #396
- Locks feature within Quests is excellent. So much simpler than our previous implementation!
- Don’t know if it’s possible in WP, but in the interface for maps, if a click on a map in the list on the right could populate the editing fields on the left, rather than opening a new edit window, that would be more straightforward.
More later, have to run at the moment. Loving the features.
June 8, 2018 at 4:16 am #397
- Loot box for the “Bonus Stage” portion of quests lists “Honor” in the third box; I think that should be Health.
- Would be nice, if it’s possible, to have a “Clone” shortcut link in the main Quests list:
Edit | Quick Edit | Clone | Trash | View
- Under “Access Locks” in quests, I’m not clear how the various locks interact. Eg: does the minutes lock limit access from when a player opens the quest or from when the quest unlocks due to the time lock? Why are all 3 required (days, time, minutes)? Could there be a default?
- I like the idea that players click a button to claim bonus loot – I think making it a deliberate action will be better than randomly showing up (many of my players missed that it even existed because it wasn’t obvious enough before).
June 8, 2018 at 6:34 am #398
Think of it this way:
A map is a container for map sections.
A map section is a container for quests.
Quests reside in map sections which in turn reside in individual maps.
And all of the individual maps are tucked away in the pull-down menu on the maps page.
One day we’ll have an actual map—a means to create a customizable image with hotspots (links). Today, that exists as the pull-down menu on the maps page. Functional, but not the ultimate vision.
Does that help?
- This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by skocko.
June 8, 2018 at 6:38 am #399
Love the Clone shortcut idea!
Mick: See second bullet point in comment #397
June 8, 2018 at 6:49 am #400
Think of it this way:
Locked by previous is a link in a chain.
A map can be locked by the previous map.
A map section can be locked by the previous map section.
And of course, a quest can be locked by the previous quest.
You can make a chain of maps, a chain of map sections, and a chain of quests.
The order is always top to bottom, left to right.
Does that make sense?
June 8, 2018 at 7:03 am #401
I can’t speak to some of the coding questions, but as for locks, the best way to find answers is to try it. Set the timer for 30 seconds and see what happens when you access the quest.
Hard to pick a default for all the ways a timer could be used.
Let me know if there’s anything I didn’t address. Good feedback, btw. Thanks, Matthew!
June 10, 2018 at 4:48 pm #408
I haven’t had any time to play with this yet (still a week and a half of school. Lot’s of snow days.) Quick looks though inspire a few questions.
1. I love the “blocked” and the “Spectator” role….I think. I haven’t tried them, but I’m assuming “blocked” is an easier way to block a kid’s access to the game for whatever reason. Can I assume spectator is a visitor who gets to poke around without having to play? I love that idea! I might actually get my Director involved in what I’m doing.
2. What’s “Keymaster”? I Googled it and the answer I got was that it’s part of Buddypress. Is this the same thing? Essentially a quasi-admin roll for students working with a group? How do you envision it?
June 12, 2018 at 1:39 pm #411
Mick is going to have to answer 1 and 2.
I think they will apply to quick account switching for the admin but can’t be sure.
July 1, 2018 at 1:13 pm #420
The blocked, spectator, and keymaster role are part of the forum not Game On. You do have new options for visitor viewing of the tasks. You can set a default option and then change it on individual quests.
July 1, 2018 at 1:14 pm #421
I’m closing this topic–I created a new forum for feedback. That way each new feedback can be it’s own topic. Right now this one topic can be difficult to follow since it is not threaded.
The topic ‘Non-bug Feedback’ is closed to new replies.