Questions update incorrectly

Home Forums Bug Reporting Questions update incorrectly

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by mcmick mcmick 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Erin
    Erin
    Participant

Hi! I’ve imported my old data from the previous game on release and everything seems to be functioning fine except for the questions that are linked to the quest stages. I tried to change a couple of the questions and found that after updating the quest, it kept reverting back to the first question. Now after updating any quest, the questions disappear. If I try to add a new question – it’s always stuck as my original first question. Is there anyway to completely reset the question data?

Mike Skocko
    skocko
    Keymaster

Mick will have to answer from the code end of things, but if this happened to me, I’d grumble, create a new quest, then copy and paste my content to start anew.

But that’s just my way. 🙂

—–

P.S. The “grumbling” would be full of <explative(s) deleted>!

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

I can’t replicate the behavior you are describing.  Does it happen on a new quest or only on content copied from version 3?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by mcmick mcmick.
    Erin
    Erin
    Participant

It’s happening on a new quest as well. I tried one “multiple select” question to start and at first that seemed just fine. After saving successfully I tried to add a second question to the same stage. After saving again, both questions disappeared, leaving only one occurrence of the actual default question.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

Sorry for the long response time–I missed the email notification that you responded.  I’ve had other bug reports on the quiz feature.  I’ll look into it and get back to you ASAP.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

I think I got it.  Please download the master branch from here:

https://github.com/mcmick/game-on-v4

Use the green download button.  The master branch may have some bugs left in it, but at the moment it has many fixes to bugs from the last release.  A new release will be available soon. I’m currently using the master branch with my classes–they are the first test subjects.

Biggest thing in the new update is speed–various caching strategies have been employed to reduce the server load.

Please let me know if this doesn’t fix it.

Erin
    Erin
    Participant

Questions are now working perfectly. Thank you!

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

They were still buggy as hell for me, but I think I just got them fixed. Check out the v4.3 release.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

They were still buggy as hell for me, but I think I just got them fixed. Check out the v4.3 release.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.