May 31, 2018 at 9:35 pm #348
For planing purposes, here is my goals for the v4 rollout timeline.
I will build out the store, clipboard, stats panel, tools and the rest. The sandbox will update with new features for testing as they are built.
End of June:
v4.0b . The initial release will certainly still have bugs, but the core will be stable enough for the building of sites during the summer as I continue to debug the site.
End of July:
Stable release ready for players.
June 1, 2018 at 1:09 pm #386
Mostly adding myself in order to get alerts. I am not a coder but I play one in school and I’m pretty good at breaking stuff and digging into it to figure out why, even though I can’t usually fix it myself. 🙂
June 29, 2018 at 3:49 pm #413
The version 4.0b will be stable enough to warrant making my actual courses in, is that correct? I’d hate to lose that work!
July 1, 2018 at 1:02 pm #416
The beta will be stable enough to build your course. It should be ready in the next couple days.
July 13, 2018 at 12:25 pm #434
I’m setting up my course now. Students will be using v4.0 on July 23rd 🙂
July 17, 2018 at 3:16 pm #452
Update: Nevermind, found the plugin download and intro video.
Will all v4 Game On sites need to be created here on gameful.me? I’d like to have the plugin I could download and install into my own website if possible, but I don’t see it for download. Thanks!
- This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by garlicsuter.
July 17, 2018 at 4:36 pm #454
Hey, Mark, I’m using the plugin, too. Not fully functional, yet, but solid to build with. Have fun!
July 17, 2018 at 4:37 pm #455
Jonathan, you start school way too early! 🙂
August 1, 2018 at 3:24 pm #478
When I upgrade to V4 for V3 will I lose content AND functionality with the existing quests? I did a test and it seems like I lose everything?
August 1, 2018 at 3:28 pm #479
Welcome to the forum Adam. The post content (both quests and store items) does not move automatically on update. Just the titles show. There is an update tool in the dashboard. Look for it in the Game On section just under the Users. It will move most all of the content from the posts over.
August 2, 2018 at 12:33 pm #481
Are the links in wordpress for the new version notes suppose to be active for access to videos? I’m trying my best to become familiar and I thought I remember seeing a video earlier in the summer that would have helped? My focus right now is on how to use and organize the mapping features according to the quests I formerly had in chains.
- This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by adamcoulson.
August 2, 2018 at 12:49 pm #483
August 2, 2018 at 2:15 pm #486
I’m glad you found them. I have been slow to get back to people. For two days I’ve felt like I was minutes away from a new release, only to find more glaring bugs. But . . . it’s up as of about 10 minutes ago.
Here’s the link to the videos for those who might need it. I just posted a few more including one for student blogging in Game On!
August 5, 2018 at 4:07 pm #491
New Release is available.
August 6, 2018 at 10:41 pm #497
August 7, 2018 at 10:13 am #503
Just confirming that I’m not missing something: Is there a way to apply default or preset values to stages of quests or do you have to apply each value to each stage manually?
August 7, 2018 at 10:24 am #505
Adam, right now it’s manually unless you use the Clone button. I have boilerplate quests with pre-assigned values that I clone, edit, and publish. Saves a lot of time!
August 7, 2018 at 3:33 pm #509
Bummer. Wish I would have transferred over those values when I used the update quests tool. Oh well at least I don’t have to remake all those quest and the old ones have no value if students find them.
August 15, 2018 at 9:11 pm #519
August 19, 2018 at 8:58 pm #521
I know that you can easily add stages to a quest but am I missing the ability to remove stages from a quest? Some quests I would like to have only three stages while another time I simply accidentally added a stage and couldn’t figure out how to remove that extra stage.
August 19, 2018 at 9:17 pm #522
I also can’t seem to find where students can see that a message was sent to them. This would be important for them to know they received a bonus or penalty is awarded without directly telling the student to look in their History?
September 4, 2018 at 10:46 pm #559
- Bonus Loot applies decimals on drop rate
- Shortcodes in outro works
- Stats panel now is rounding health
- Upload file now works in Firefox
- Stats links have don’t allow double clicks/opens
- Links now show in the Activity column on the Quests tab on Stats
- Cursor pointer for buttons on tasks, Upload button centered in check for understanding box
- Remove Blog Link from blog header
- Blog images are now lightboxed
- Blog Posts on Stats open in lightbox
- Blog posts show inline in quest
- Multiple tasks can be reset at once
- Reset single task button works beyond the first 10.
- Reset tasks now show status as reset, not -1
- Loot validation on front end entry–decimals limited to appropriate values
- Editing map/map section info no longer moves it to the first position in order.
- Shortcode Menu names/text
October 8, 2018 at 9:23 pm #631
October 9, 2018 at 4:43 am #633
Can you clarify the updating procedure from 4.x to 4.y?
Here’s what I did:
- Deactivate the Game On plugin v 4.x
- Upload & Install v 4.y
- Stare at two side-by-side installations of Game On plugins, wondering if I screwed up. 🙂
- Check quests, they seem ok.
Do I just delete the v 4.x version safely then?
October 9, 2018 at 5:47 am #635
Yes. 4.y is the bomb! (4.y rocks!)
October 9, 2018 at 7:08 am #636
Just to be clear, delete 4.x and activate 4.2.
Mick has done some amazing work. Game On just keeps evolving.
P.S. Something new is in the oven. It’s going to take some time to bake, but it will be worth the wait.
December 10, 2018 at 1:18 am #657
New Release v4.3
Epic Updates to the Clipboard and Stats Panel
See the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAbnpGnSgo8
- view and search store purchases by user attributes, store item, and date
- view and search messages by user attributes, and date
- view and search quests by user attributes, quest, and date
- All Clipboard and Stats table processing is now on the server side, in SQL when possible. This makes the game scalable as the tables grow.
- View the map as a user with popups to see what has been submitted!
Lot’s of bug fixes.
Including the creation of quizzes. I think I finally got that one figured out.
December 16, 2018 at 10:39 pm #667
December 19, 2018 at 1:24 am #676
I encountered and fixed several more bugs with map and task creation and ordering that were introduced when fixing other compatibility issues. I’m getting closer everyday to being ready for release.
Again, this pre-release is only for those who have already made the jump to WordPress v5. Thank you for your patience. I’m using this version of Game On and WP v5 on my production server (it is the quickest way for me to find all the bugs) so fixing this is a top priority for me. Please keep the bug reports coming.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.