XP Not Accruing

Home Forums Bug Reporting XP Not Accruing

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mike Skocko skocko 6 months ago.

• Author
    rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

I am running Game On version 4.07.25. Users are only earning XP for the most recent stage and it isn’t accruing. So, if Encounter=5, Stage 1=5, and Stage 2=15 they should have 25 XP upon stage completion.  But they will only have the amount of XP for that stage. So, at the end of Stage 2 they will have 15 XP. If the student goes onto the next mission they will then only have 5 XP because encounter=5 instead of 30XP.

Mike Skocko
    skocko
    Keymaster

Snag the latest build off of the master: https://github.com/mcmick/game-on-v4

That one’s working great for me.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

I’ll look into it, but I haven’t seen that yet.

rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

I’ll try it. One issue I have with updating the plugin is that my district has limited the file upload size on the server and the plugin is too big too install via WordPress. I have to email IT and have them ftp the plug-in to the server. Hopefully they can get to it before the long weekend so I can test things out.

rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

Mike –

Looks like I am already on that version. 🙁

Marquis –

I tried deactivating and reactivating the plug-in. Maybe I can make you an account and you can check the behavior yourself?

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

It sounds like a database issue–something I might be able to fix during an update.  It’s like you don’t have the totals table at all.  Do other types of loot accumulate?

If you make me an account and email the credentials and address to mcmick619@gmail.com I’ll take a look.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

It sounds like a database issue–something I might be able to fix during an update.  It’s like you don’t have the totals table at all.  Do other types of loot accumulate?

If you make me an account and email the credentials and address to mcmick619@gmail.com I’ll take a look.

rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

Students are logging in for the first time today. Looks like it is a glitch for all of them. Neither XP nor other loot is accumulating. I’ll have district IT uninstall and then reinstall the plugin this afternoon and see if that works.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

There was a new release just a few minutes ago.  It should fix your problem.  If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll be glad to log in to your site and take a look.

rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

Still waiting on IT to upload the new version of plug-in test out. Once they do I will let you know.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

What is your php file size limit? I might have a work around so you can do your own updates.

mcmick
    mcmick
    Keymaster

What is your php file size limit? I might have a work around so you can do your own updates.

rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

I assume it is the default 2MB limit. The district webmaster said he changed it 4MB, but he also said he uploaded the new version via FTP. He didn’t. Maybe he will get to it this weekend.

rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

Good to go. The district webmaster just updated the plug-in. I created a test user and XP is working as it should. I just have to figure out my best approach to “fix” XP. We are a dozen or so missions in and none of the XP accrued up to this point. Do I reset all of the accounts and just have them click through the missions they have completed? Or Just ignore everything up to this point? I am leaning towards resetting and have them click through.

rhayes
    rhayes
    Participant

I see. No user reset, yet. No worries. As I told the kids. We are beta testers. Or as Mike says we are Under Construction.

Mike Skocko
    skocko
    Keymaster

I think Ryan knows this, but for anyone else, you can find the Reset option in Game On > Tools (not WordPress > Tools) in the sidebar.

Careful. There’s no undo for this one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.